Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site map query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

budgy

Programmer
Jan 4, 2005
GB
Hi guys,

Really hope you can help me out here. Ive been assigned the task for listing the html files of a few web sites, the problem is thou that non of these sites have been 'managed' in dreamweaver so i cant simply creat a site map and then print it out. DO you guys have any ideas what other ways i could either forumlate a list of the files on a website, or create a site map without going though every folder of the site and listing everything.

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.

Budgy

"He that asks a question is a fool for a moment, he that never asks a question is a fool all his life

To get a list of files on the site, from a Windows command prompt, you can type:

Code:
dir /on /b /s >c:\filelist.txt

to get an alphabetically-sorted list of all files in any folder (and sub-folders).

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Hey thanks BillyRay,

Im not too sure how i need to be executing that bit of coding, ive heard theres sites available which provide a site map service for free, not too sure if this is true. Are there any other ways i could achieve my objective?

Thanks in advance

"He that asks a question is a fool for a moment, he that never asks a question is a fool all his life

Thanks billy,

Youve been a great help. As ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back