Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Launch!!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPYDERIX

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
CA
Hi,

Can you please goto and give it a review and post back.

Can you please test the following:
- Test this site on as many browsers as you can
- Test this site on those same browsers but on different platforms
- Check grammar and spelling
- Assess the color scheme
- Note any errors/bugs/glitches and let me know about them

Things to be aware of:
- NS-4.75 sometimes thinks that there are Javascript errors. There aren't. Just refresh the page
- Macintosh Internet Explorer-5 is not yet supported b/c of a problem with the <DIV>'s I am working on that.

Thanks alot for your input! :) NATE
design@spyderix-designz.com

Little late on this post...

But, good job on the site.
Personally, I like the flash intro.
It's not like it takes 5 minutes to load

However I do have a suggestion.
What about putting the 'enter site' link smack dab in the middle of the page. Less potential for confusion. I think it's natural to first look towards the middle. And then maybe put the description points towards the bottom or shift to the side.

Also on the other pages, what do you think about changing the headings to yellow with black bg similar to the portfolio page. It may just pull the whole site together a bit more.

Just my 2 cents,
(BTW, I'll be putting one of my clients sites up for an onslaught of criticism and input)

Later, Skater

Lovely site Nate, great job.

jut a couple of comments, i only had time to check it in IE6, 1024*.

1. The large space at the bottom of the page in 1024*. Putting a simple &quot;copyright 2002 Spyderix Designs&quot; would help to break up that space.

2. On the contact page, define more clearly you tel numbers, is there an international code?

3. Instead of &quot;Useful Sites&quot; would &quot;Resources sound better?&quot;

4. On portfolio, i dont like &quot;launch Site&quot;, would &quot;View this site&quot; be better.
Also the wording on these needs to be improved:
I dont think you need to mention anything like &quot;frames site&quot;, &quot;nested tables&quot;.
I think the whole wordig of this section needs to be a little more professional, changing things like &quot;touched up&quot; to &quot;re-mastered&quot; for example might be better?

Hope that helps, sorrty if seems a bit harsh.

Love the site though, excellent work!

É

endamcg-logo1b.gif

Spyderix,
I won't be able to see Flash intro until later (not enabled here at work), but I did want to let you know that I did like the page. Very professional!

I do agree with fxcolin that maybe the &quot;enter site&quot; link could be placed more in the middle. That's minor, though, and that the ONLY thing I saw, so good job! confusedlady

Hi,

fxcolin,

I will try some things with the intro page, and what headings should be yellow. There aren't really any heading on each page. I will put some in.

cian,

Not sure what I will do about the space at present. The telephone number in Canadian and I won't be putting country code just yet. I changed useful sites to resources. Thanks. and I changed lauch site to view this site. Thanks. I will work on the paragraphs in a bit.

confusedlady,

Glad you like the site and think it's professional looking.
greenjumpy.gif
NATE

Hi Nate,

I was just thinking about the 'headings' that are
in bold and underlined.

Just a thought,

Also, I don't think I would worry too much about the country code. I've had my numbers up for a while and still people prefer to just e-mail me anyway (even in Canada).

Although i notice more and more, the brackets aren't used as much
(416)555-5555 instead is...
416-555-5555

Maybe it's less confusing ??
Don't know.

Colin

Later, Skater

fxcolin,

Should I do that to all of the headings or just the first one at the top of each page?

I changed the phone numbers, what do you think?

greenjumpy.gif
NATE

Nate,

Regarding telephones. One thing you may consider also, is
to use 'Tel:' instead of 'Phone:' That seems to becoming used a little more. Also, the nice thing is that it's the same no. of letter as fax. Keeps it lined up nicely, especially on business cards.

About the headings...
Originally i was thinking ALL the headings. But now I'm thinking that may be a little much. So maybe just the main heading. And then the sub-headings -something a little more subtle.

Later, Skater

I agree, very professional looking, great work!

I still think it's best to include the international code, especially if you want international customers. Most people won't actually know the international code for Canada, and ppl are lazy afterall, make it easy for them! :) Minor point anyway.

Just thought i'd point out that the flash was taking ages to load on my system so I had to skip it! I tried yesterday and today and after 1 minute still nothing. I connect through a LAN which is usually quite speedy so I don't know what the problem was. It's Flash 5? Flash 6 can be a problem for me.

About the &quot;enter site&quot; like, perhaps it should be a little clearer, it's not so easy to read.

Hope it helps

É

endamcg-logo1b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back