Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site critique please 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnwm

Programmer
Feb 7, 2001
GB
I would welcome constructive comment/criticism on
Client has control of input to news and happy customer page (they were tested with dummy data before launch) so there may or may not be anything on those pages when you look.

Steam Engine Prints

I notice that some of the Gallery image text is BESIDE the image, while most is BELOW the image. I assume that all should be below.

I think you should include a phone number box on your contact page to remind the enquirers about including their optional contact number.

The whole site seems blah to me. I think the problem (to me) is that there is no color anywhere except in the images. I would think the background color should to changed from white to some pastel shade at the very least.

mmerlinn

"Political correctness is the BADGE of a COWARD!"

Thank you for your comments.

I cannot reproduce the image/text behaviour you mention on FF, IE6, IE7 or Safari. Is it on one specific image/browser combination or all?

The company phone is already on the contact us page (bottom left hand side) and there is a reminder in the header for user to enter phone number. I'm not a lover of complex looking forms!

The palette choice is by design.

Steam Engine Prints

When I looked at the Gallery yesterday, only 3 images had the text beside the image or some beside and the rest underneath. Today I look using the same browser (IE5 on a Mac) and most text is beside the images. Resizing the window does not change anything.

So, I tried NS. When I go to " I get a screen with this error "The page cannot be found" and the URL in the location box changes to " making me think NS can't find your images.

mmerlinn

"Political correctness is the BADGE of a COWARD!"

Can anyone else (using a Mac) see these problems? I don't have access to anything as old as IE5 under Windows, and I don't make a conscious effort to make IE5 appearance match all the other browsers - my logs on all the sites I look after show less than 1% IE5 usage.

Steam Engine Prints

In all honesty, I would forget about getting your site working on IE/Mac. Microsoft stopped supporting it ages ago, and it was buggy as hell with bad rendering issues.

If any Mac users are still using it over Safari, Firefox, Opera, or Camino, I'd be very surprised.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Thanks for the confirmation Dan.

Steam Engine Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back