Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Code Change Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollme

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
CA
I have recently deployed SMS for our organization with about 400 workstations.

However, a previous tech abandoned his attempted to install SMS and never fully removed the previous installation CAPs and Clients. My new site code name is different than his old choice. Is there an easy way to have clients with the old site code join my new site without uninstalling and reinstalling using SMSman.exe?

Almost all workstations (NT and W2k) are displayed in the collections, but Client=No and Assigned=No. Also the SMS Icon is displayed in the Control Panel of all the computers.

I have found that most of our clients picked up the new sites as I use the logon scripts to change the SITe code bu running SMSLS.BAT.

I have recently redeployed SMS through out our organisation as we have 11 SMS secondary sites and the primary. I also changed the site names.

I have found about 30 computer have not picked up the new settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back