Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Check, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eladi

Programmer
Sep 4, 2001
AU
Hi all,

I'm working on my own freelance website and chose to do it with a kind of special navigation. Due to critics from the community i reworked the window system. Could you please have a look and tell me what you think.

Tnx!
Adrian

Needs alot of work man..Everything runs very slow, might wana up the fps.. Also where is the graphic content? And I hope you don't think that you need it, because you do..Also font size maybe needs to be smaller..The adi-mation, whats the point?. Also draggable menu's are rediculous, just because you can does not mean you should..I hope you dont take this the wrong way, just think you need alot of work to make it good..

Sorry..

Good luck..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Also, you can see the other 'dragable' windows underneath the open one. Try and leave these on a blank key frame when they’re not in use, not alpha 0 etc.
funkymonk2.jpg

funkymonk@blueyonder.co.uk

hi,

tnx for your replies.

the thing with the dragable windows was intended that way to begin with. i think i leave it that way. the same what virt2002 says about "just because you can doesn't mean you should" applies for the user. just because the windows ARE dragable, nobody has to do it!

it is also intention that the windows underneath are visible. they are faded out, so that the uppermoste window can be read. it's also possible to "reactivate" the windows underneath.

as for the animation...it will be replaced soon. it's a kind of a place holder right now.

tnx for you comments and critics.
adrian

Don't ask for suggestions or critics if you just blow them off like we don't know what were talking about..

And if you know everything, why ask for help?

Have fun..
logo.gif

sorry, virt2002, it wasn't meant at all like this. i am truely grateful for your opinon. seriously. i just tried to explain why i did it this way. the adi-mation, as you suggested, per example, will be taken off. you're absolutely right there. the dragable window thing was in my head from to begin with. i thought it good for the user to have the possibility to have to content windows open at the same time. but i see, now that the windows are "faded out" - it doesn't make much sense. hm. do you think it's bothering - or "just" senseless.
as for the speed of the animation. i can try it. i had it on a higher rate before - but then people compained about performance problems on older computers. who could i raise the framerate and still keep a certain performance.

i don't know everything. the things i know, i try to share aswell - in the director forum per example. i really want to appologize. i'm glad this forum exists. it's an excellent platform. i guess, one reasons why it sounded rude what i wrote is, that english isn't my native language. i can express almost everything - but not always with the same tone as i could in my mother tongue. i hope that's ok...

tnx vir202.
adrian

sorry, virt2002, it wasn't meant at all like this. i am truely grateful for your opinon. seriously. i just tried to explain why i did it this way. the adi-mation, as you suggested, per example, will be taken off. you're absolutely right there. the dragable window thing was in my head from to begin with. i thought it good for the user to have the possibility to have to content windows open at the same time. but i see, now that the windows are "faded out" - it doesn't make much sense. hm. do you think it's bothering - or "just" senseless.
as for the speed of the animation. i can try it. i had it on a higher rate before - but then people compained about performance problems on older computers. who could i raise the framerate and still keep a certain performance.

i don't know everything. the things i know, i try to share aswell - in the director forum per example. i really want to appologize. i'm glad this forum exists. it's an excellent platform. i guess, one reasons why it sounded rude what i wrote is, that english isn't my native language. i can express almost everything - but not always with the same tone as i could in my mother tongue. i hope that's ok...

tnx virt202.
adrian

He didn't ask for help Carl! He asked for critics... And guess he really got it socked to him, from "grumpy" old you!
Relax! Even on my own comment! [pipe] Regards,

oldman3.gif

Right!

Relaxing....
logo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back