Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site check please.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfused

Technical User
Jan 27, 2001
US
My first html web site..I learned flash first, go figure..

logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Oh inside the portfolio page the links are dead, finishing up tonight after work..
logo.gif

Hi mate,

Your site breaks up when I click a link. There is a huge portion of white space appears at the top of the page.

One thing I would highly advise against is using a purely graphical layout as you have. At present, I dont think that you actually have 1 word written on the page, all are shown as images. While this may look good, search engines will have no content to spider so your efforts are wasted if nobody visits the site.

Overall, apart from the above, looks good.

Hope this helps Wullie

sales@freshlookdesign.co.uk

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

I agree with the fact that you should cut down on the images on your page, although they look good, you should try just a few pictures and fill the rest in with tables and do it that way?
If you arent too confident with tables try:

but I really like it apart from that!
Tjobbe ;o)

Ok guys as we speak I am breaking the text out of the images and writing it manually..

Point well taken..

Wullie about the white spot at the top, it's suppose to be there..I don't understand what you mean by "breaking up"..

Anyways will post the re-do in a day or so..

Thanks again..
logo.gif

1024* IE6 NN6

I kind of see the effect you are going for with the large white space on the top of the page, but you may want to narrow it down a little. I does look overwhelming and empty as if it was a mistake. just for the fact in most pages you need to scroll to see a small amount of the bottom page makes the white space slightly irritating. maybe size everything to a no scrolling and then see how it looks.

hope that helps A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is not worth knowing.
admin@onpntwebdesigns.com

virt2002, Hi just visited your site, nice job...
Ummm, is there a reason why you have such huge gap on top of the site?? Right above the menu, there's a huge white gap, is there supposed to be something there that hasn't been added??
Under the portfolio link, all of the link return a 'page cannot be found' message...
Under the 'contact' page, i'm not too thrilled with the way you have the webmaster link appear in a popup with a form...a sleeker way of doing it might be: when they click the link (sales, webmaster, etc) the form appears on the right side of the page...if you shift the address to the left, under the 'webmaster' link, then you have plenty of room on the right to have the forms appear...
Hope this helps ya... I have not failed; I have merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Very nice. I like the layout and the graphics, however I want to ditto what Wullie said and add that for search engines "Relavent Content is King".

I also aggree with what has been said about the white space at the top. Reducing it or better yet getting rid of it, might give a more uniform look. That being said, I really like your flair for clean graphics.

If you were one of my students, you'd get an A for sure
spin.gif

mike
jester.gif

I can only repeat what the guys have already said!

It all seems a bit crammed down in the bottom left of my window.

- Halve the white space on top, 25-35px should be plenty!
- Personally i'd prefer the page centered in the window, personal preference.
- yeah, way to much images!!

Apart from that, great start, looks really good!

É

- :: my FIRST site in XHTML, comments/ criticism/ questions much appreciated!! :)
-

One comment I'd make all the tables 100% . I viewed the site in 1024x768 and it looks strange with one table smaller than the rest. Very professional looking site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back