Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

site check mate?? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cian, yeah hopefully I will be getting more content from the client this weekend, or early next week...
Hmmmmm, I thought I did have the date centered...prolly changed it by accident, I will fix tha...
In the 'Models Page" are you refering to the border when the actual model's pics appears?? I can try adding some padding on it, maybe tha can help...ok I will play around with tha...
:) I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Ok, I fixed the borders on the models pages...
And the date script is aligned to the center... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Hmmm thas a strange...in all the NS and IE (800*600 resolution)I checked, it didn't look like tha...
What size moniter do you have?? I viewed the models page in an 15inch and a 17inch moniter... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Guju bhai,

Dreamweaver che?

Use snap layers from projectseven.com This will lock your layer to a position relative to the obeject you specify Ranjan
fragments of dream, weave them together

[tt]I would've done it in flash. But that's just me. Site looks nice...

ams_rank8b.jpg

bluranj, Yeah DreamWeaver che...but I dont want them layers to lock, becuase in higher resolution the layer link for MALE and FEMALE has to move so that it doesn't cover the iFrame and iLayer...like if you view the site in 1024 resolution the layers move to a diff. position...
Has anyone else had that problem on any IE or NS broweser versions??
Out of curiousity as anyone looked at the models page in NS?? I cannot figure out why the modles link opens in a new page, the syntax for the iLayer is correct, the links should open inside the iLayer frame, am I right??
Once again, thanks...:) I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Hi,

Could this problem with the layers not being in the right place be due to the fact that the window is not fully maximized???

Maybe if you made your site a maximized non-resizable popup window with the address bar and everything included that your problem might go away???

Just a thought! :)
colorado.gif

¡Buena Suerte!

I guys, I will look at the solution at projectseven in a few days, because im swarmed with finals and projects...
Thanks to all and everyone...:) I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Hey everyone, Ok now that i'm done with finals and such, I can get back to this project I have...

wullie have you had a chance to look at the site in NS4+ and figure out why my iLayer opens in a new page?? I have checked the syntax over and over but can't figure out why it opens in a new page...the syntax is correct...I gave the iLayer a name and any links that uses the iLayer called it using that name (ex: a href="somepage.html" target="iLayerName">)

bluranj -- I am reading the tutorails on SnapLayers now...

SPYDERIX -- nope, the window screen in maximized and I've cheked in 800 and 1024 resolutions, on win95/98/XP...

Thanks for the ongoing help fellas...

PS -- The site addy: I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

I think it's looking good.
Couple of things:
1. 2 typos on main page - "palce" for "place" and "chane" for "chance"

About paid/unpaid/pop-ups etc.:
Even if you move it to godaddy, you'll still get the pop-ups from Angelfire.
The client can buy the ads off Angelfire at a cost of $14.95 down, then 4.95 a month.

Hi mate,

I had a quick look and couldn't find a reason why that is happening.. To be honest though, I hardly ever use frames or ILayers so it would be better if someone that does use them could check it out.

One other thing I noticed...

One the home page you have the following:

For more information, please contact us for more information, or Click here.

Hope this helps Wullie

Wullie -- What about this message -- For more information, please contact us for more information, or Click here.?? Is there something wrong with it??

tysu -- Thanks for the spelling errors catch, I thought I had fixed that...as for the pop-up ads, we have a paid domain name at godaddy.com, which means we get no ads...I just uploaded everything at angelfire for testing purposes...my client did not want to upload the site officaly till it was done... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

It reads kinda strangely.

I would have put For more information please contact us or click here or Please contact us for more information, or click here[color]

Hope thats what you were getting at wullie. [smurf]

or

Contact us, or click here ,for more information

the way you have it isn't really proper.

I was looking at your site, and I just noticed that I couldn't find any other way to contact them, other than the "click here", so maybe you should just have:

For more Information please click here!

okay, I just went back to check and make sure I couldn't find any other contact info and I clicked the &quot;click here&quot; link, and it took me to a whole other site with an @hotmail.com email address and a phone number that I had to scroll down to see (plus that site has a pop-up ad). What about a <a href=&quot;mailto:&quot;> or a seperate page on your site instead? Am I missing something?`

just my thoughts

dis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back