Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP with NexVortex

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFrey

Programmer
Dec 20, 2009
US
Has anyone had success setting up a SIP trunk with NexVortex?? When I try to make a call it seizes the line and then drops the call as soon as the call initiation timeout in the Voip tab of the SIP line form expires?
I'm very green when it comes to SIP.

yes, many times. No issues at all.

What version IPO and software release?
Behind a Firewall/NAT device? If so, model?

IPOffice version 5.0.18

IP Office is behind a netgear FVG318. I have set services to allow traffic on port 5060 to the ip address of the IPO. System status says registered when I look at the trunk.

What do you mean by registration? I have a Dynamic IP address.

email me your contact info at davidct at email dot com. Once we have it sorted we can post back here for others to benefit.

What does the outbound short code need to look like??

I presume you are talking about the shortcode in the MAIN ARS.

If so:

Code: 1N;
Feature: Dial
Telephone Number: 1N"@nexvortex.com"
Line Group ID: xx

You need to match the group ID with what you set the Outgoing ID on the SIP Line config (SIP URI Tab).

Yup, thats what I was looking for. Also incomming calls do hit the IPO but only long enough to reset time in state timer on the truck, then it drops and the caller hears your call cannot be completed as dialed???

What do you have in the SIP URI tab for the three fields:

Local URI
Contact
Display Name

Also, I presume the incoming group for the SIP Line does match a Incoming Call Route? And that Call Route has a legit destination?

Well I have it all working now.. The fix for the outbound calls was changing the shortcode from 1N to 1xxxxxxxxxx. Two fixes for the inbound: First was setting a service/rule in my firewall that allows traffic to come in on port 5060. Second was a translation miss match between what the ITSP was sending and the IPO's config. I had it set it to route my 11 digit number it wanted to see my authentication name??

@DavidCT
David,
I have a test trunk with NexVortex. I have outbound working perfectly, but inbound no luck. I am running it on an IP500 with R6.0(8) I am using registration and incoming routes. Do you have this working on R6? and can i get a copy of a config possibly?

Jeff
"the phone guy"

how is this going??? i have a customer that needs SIP trunks.

they already have internet.....all they need is to get SIP trunks?

how can i get in contact with NexVortex?

are they supported by Avaya?

thanks

Jeff,

I have many systems running with Nexvortex, no problems at all... but none on R6. All on a recent R5 release.

Mine is working inbound and outbound on 5.0

When you upgrade to R6 and use the 9600 phones you'll never go back, but there are a lot of bugs in R6 with SIP. I do beta testing for Avaya and sometimes I regret upgrading. I'm sure its something dumb. I have SIP trunks now with Callcentic and Broadvox, and i have tested trunks for over 10 other providers without problems.

Jeff
"the phone guy"

I have a post out there asking what provider I should use for a customer of mine. They are going to make most of their calls overseas in the middle east area. Would nexvortex be a good provider for this application?

406v2
USA
Knoxville, TN

Thanks

Kyle

Did anyone get the nexVortex SIP Trunks working on R 6.0? DavidCT I would like to compare a R 5.0 setup with what I have in R6.0.

Fonedoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back