Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP with multiple number registrations and one ITSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicaluser4

Technical User
Dec 28, 2006
MT
I have noticed a limitation with the way sip is implemented in IP Office. Let's say we have 1 sip provider that gives you a DDI number for every internal user. You cannot create multiple sip lines pointing to the same ip address, each with different registration credentials. Manager does not allow you to do it.

Therefore if i have 10 user sip accounts with my itsp. Ans each user has a number and a password. For 2 of them I managed to register as a primary and secondary registration but for the rest of the 8 I cannot distribute the numbers.

Is there another way how this can be implemented?

Can your ITSP set the account up differently, so you have Multiple valid telephone numbers on the account with a maximum call limit of 10?
You can then program DID's to route incoming calls.

Yes this is a limitation of the IP Office, there are a lot of limitations with the SIP implementation on the IP Office.

Your ITSP has to use the "To" address to pass the DID to the IP Office. You register once with the ITSP using the primary registration with as manny channels as you have.

Think of it like an ISDN DID, works the same way. You just setup your incoming call routes.

Jason Wienert
Brisbane, Australia
GoldMine, Avaya, ACCPAC CRM

Please remember to thank preople for their valuable input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back