Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sip Voip leg hears Cisco IVR but digits not processed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipemole

Programmer
May 9, 2003
IE
Sip Voip leg hears Cisco IVR but digits not processed
Hello:
I need to have my interactive digit entry responses recognized by Cisco interactive voice response application when entered through a SIP PC Soft Phone s/w after the initial connection has been made. Through the headphones I can hear the audio prompts play into the VoIP sip leg. But attempts to respond with digits to the question posed by the script, do not get recognized as sent, then processed. Digits are entered through keyboard, or with mouse pointing to virtual key pad icons on image map for the PC Sip Soft Phone.
IVR script and voip dial peer is set on Cisco AS5300 router / gateway. Sip server is Vocal, an open source project from Vovida.org (1.5.0 running under Linux). The soft phone is X-Lite from X-Ten.
The debit card IVR application fully works when interacted with from a regular phone, in phone to phone and phone to pc conditions. The pc to phone sip calls go through when the dial peer on router is set to not use authentication and authorization IVR app.
- - sincerely, pipmole; - - Fri.1/9/2004 mid-day;

Hello:
Effort has been made to turn DTMF relay on. However, the part which I thought was the most relevant was flagged as error, although it is same as in the docs from Cisco web site. See below for part of responses at config entry time, followed by the resultant dial-peer. IOS 10.2(10b) runs on this as5300.
- - pipemole - - mid-day Sat.1/10/2004;
router#config term
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
router(config)#dial-peer voice 204 voip
router(config-dial-peer)#dtmf-relay rtp-nte
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

router(config-dial-peer)#dtmf-relay ?
cisco-rtp Cisco Proprietary RTP
h245-alphanumeric DTMF Relay via H245 Alphanumeric IE
h245-signal DTMF Relay via H245 Signal IE

!
dial-peer voice 204 voip
application debit
incoming called-number 91T