Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP URI - Inbound calls question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dango510

Programmer
Aug 27, 2012
US
Customer is trying to block off a specific number of channels to use for one client. They do not want to take away resources from another customer. Trying to control this all via 1 sip trunk and using multiple (*-wild card) SIP URI's to route calls based on line group ID. There are over a 100 DID's which I have partitioned off by line group id in the ICR tables. However, during my testing, calls always followed the 1st line group id [10]. Has anyone else tried this and made it work? The only option I have would be to add the 100 DID numbers into the SIP URI table, I know this works, however trying to avoid. ICR would be easier to manage and no reboot required.

(example)
IPO500v2 8.0
1 SIP Trunk
5 SIP URI's
a) Incoming Line Group 10 [ Local URI, Contact, Display Name set to "*"] max calls set to 5 channels
b) Incoming Line Group 12 [ Local URI, Contact, Display Name set to "*"] max calls set to 10 channels
c) Incoming Line Group 14 [ Local URI, Contact, Display Name set to "*"] max calls set to 15 channels
d) Incoming Line Group 16 [ Local URI, Contact, Display Name set to "*"] max calls set to 20 channels
e) Incoming Line Group 18 [ Local URI, Contact, Display Name set to "*"] max calls set to 25 channels

ICR:
Line Group ID 10 Incoming Number 111-111-1111 points to huntgroup 100
Line Group ID 12 Incoming Number 222-222-2222 points to huntgroup 200
Line Group ID 14 Incoming Number 333-333-3333 points to huntgroup 300
Line Group ID 16 Incoming Number 444-444-4444 points to huntgroup 400
Line Group ID 18 Incoming Number 555-555-5555 points to huntgroup 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back