Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Twinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueRiver31

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2009
US
I have an Avaya IP 500 V2 running 6.1(5). I have it configured for SIP through Voxitas (provider). I am able to make inbound, outbound, forward calls to cell phones, and conference calls. I am not able to use twinning. I set the twinning up and it will ring the extension. It rings the mobile phone correctly but once you answer the call on the mobile phone you get dead air. If you go to the twinned extension you can pick up the incoming call without a problem. I have worked with my data guys and they have not been able to find anything wrong with the router configuration. Does anybody have any suggestions on what might be causing this problem?

Thanks Michael

I believe there is a PB available for this:

CQ40866

Twinning over SIP has no audio due to IPO using wrong ports

SP_RELEASE_2Q11_6.1

3-Available

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Is their a solution to this? I tried downgrading to 6.0(18) and that did not make a difference.

As you can see it was discovered in 6.0.14 and is still there in 7.0 beta, so only a PB will fix it for now :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

amriddle01,

Which technical bulletin is this issue in? I have not been able to find it.

Thanks Michael

Amriddle01,

I am not familar with this site. Can you link it for me. Also where can I find the PB at?

Thanks Michael

Amriddle01,

Thanks for your help. I have solved my twinning issue. I found the problem. I needed to turn on the RTP keep alive. After I did this everything worked great.

Michael

Good luck. I hope it works for you. Let me know if I can help.

Michael

Nope, the issue remains using keep alives the CQ must still be present in this release :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Michael,

I'm looking to use voxitas SIP on my IPOffice but cannot find any configs notes. We are connecting directly thru the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Acadacom,

What firmware version are you running on the IP Office? I sent Voxitas screenshots of my configuration for future customers. I will send the screenshots to you but I am not sure what the best way is to get them to you. Who are you working with at Voxitas?

I'm a little late to this one, but since the RTP keep alive didn't solve it did anyone ever figure out the fix? I'm on 7.0.12...

OK, the pressure is on. I've checked the caveats site and it said the issue would be resolved 1Q12. Would anyone know if the issue was cleared up in the Q4 Maintenance release on 7.0? My customer REALLY wants this working yesterday...as usual. Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back