Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP trunks very loud on digital phones and causing dtmf echo

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00ner62

Technical User
Nov 15, 2011
CA
I have an issue in which the sip trunk volume is much louder than customers call experience when they had analog trunks. I understand people can just turn their phones down, but then internal calls are quiet. My main concern is that DTMF hitting their DuVoice IVR is actually echoing and thus, when 0 is pressed, they receive 0,0....

The IVR has a dialogic analog card. I am basically looking for the setting, which I think is in the VCM tab, to lower the volume of the entire system when SIP trunks hit digital or analog devices.

It has to be some sort of DB setting but I need to reboot every time I tweak one....

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance!!

we are the sip provider. we have 100 customers and 75 are ip office. only one with the issue...

Sounds like the system is set for Alaw and the SIP only supports Ulaw or vice versa

So check your ITSP platform eqipment that provides the trunks just in case, when we've had similar issues it was the provider causing the issue.
Also digit duplication is likely not echo, when SIP trunks carry DTMF it is actually removed from the audio stream before transport and then re-injected before presentation, the removal often isnt 100% so a small amount gets through and then when the DTMF is re-injected there's your duplication...again SIP carrier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back