Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunks To AVAYA Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclake

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2009
LC
Hi Guys,

I am currently working on integrating a CS1000 and an AVAYA Aura CM using SIP trunks. Currently the Aura can call the CS 1000 but I am having problems with the CS100 calling the AURA. I am using CDP and NRS and can see from the D-Channel messages that the call is being sent through.

When I however run the trace I do see something that concerns me: media profile: codec N/A

I notice that when I call there is dead air for some seconds then a fast busy tone.

The D-Channel message then says Netwrk Temporary Failure.

Has anyone encountered any of these or had any experience linking these systems?

I didn't see anything mentioned about session manager. Do you have one setup? Have you thought about using the session manager instead of NRS? We moved all of your routing to the Session manager.

No I have not done this...How simple is this to do? Is there any documentation?

Nothing easy about implementing System and Session Manager, however you said you are using NRS. Sounds like you may be missing the Zone and Node configuration for the SIP trunks.

I forgot to mention that calls from the Aura to the CS1000 work just fine.

try this first:

Configuring SIP Trunks among Avaya Aura™ Session Manager, Avaya Aura™ Communicat...

... routes and trunks • Administer route list block and distant steering code • Administer node SIP parameters • Launch NRS Manager • Administer service domain • Administer SIP gateway endpoints ... 2 ...

also:

check the second half of this doc, it's for 6.0 and cisco, but SIP config should apply. You might want to limit Codecs just to G711 for testing at least, so the devices don't try to negotiate them.

Communication Server 1000 Release 6.0 Interoperability Config Guide Cisco Unifie...

Nortel Communication Server 1000 Release 6.0 Interoperability Config Guide Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.0.1 via SIP July 15, 2009 Issue: 1.0 Document Number NN70003-001 Page 2. Norte ...

Try turning off Media Security (MSEC) in LD 17 > PARM
Print out first in LD 22.
I have seen similar issue with this before.

LD 17
CHG
PARM
MSEC OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back