Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP trunking thru Public with ASBCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletomi

Vendor
Aug 31, 2013
PH
I have a question regarding ASBCE and here’s the scenario:

Site A has an IPO. Site B has a Toshiba PABX with a public IP (say Pub-IP B)provided by their VOIP provider. I'm assuming that the provider has an SBC. Site A has an ASBCE. They must call each other thru Internet (Public) as they have no VPN in between. I'm here at Site A. The customer gave me a public IP (say Pub-IP A). Both sites have SIP trunking licenses. My question is, since Site A has an ASBCE, how would be B1 port configured given I have my Pub-IP A? Yes I know I should use Pub-IP A. How the calls would route to each other? How they can call each other? Hope someone could help me.

I figured it out how to route my calls to remote site. Just configured "server configuration" and "routing". I tried to interface the B1 port to my ipo to simulate the scenario. I also changed the next hop ip adress of B1 pointing to my ipo. I created a sip trunk on my ipo to B1. Both LAN of my ipo and B1 port of SBC are on the same subnet. When everything is configured i checked system status and my ipo sip trunk to B1 is down. Please note A1 port of SBC is connected to another ipo wherein sip trunk in between is up. Hope someone comment on this. Hope someone do care about this thread.

Please, could somebody help. Especially from our great MVPs? [sadeyes]

Have you drawn this on paper?

No more monkeys jumping on the bed.

12 days ago. Have you been in the clink?

Sbc b1 to ipo is down. Is there an ip route to the sbc in the ipo?

A gnome will come to cut you.

I configured it as SBC B1 and LAN1 of the other ipo with the same subnet. I didn't create an ip route since they're connected via peer-to-peer set up.

1) Primary DNS – type the IP address of the DNS server. NOTE: You must supply a DNS address entry, even if it is unused and/or unreachable.

2) Is the interface configuration enabled for the active ports?

3) Before You Begin:

Plans and Strategy
Your SIP Trunking implementation can go more smoothly if you follow these tips:
 Follow a diagram!
– Helps keep the Call Server administration separate from the Trunk Server.
– Reinforces IP addresses for A1, B1, call server, trunk server
 Use the same interface mapping throughout! Use:
– A1 as the internal interface (to the call server)
– B1 as the external interface (to the trunk server)
 Name consistently! Examples in this section always use:
– “SM” for the call server
– “Trunk” for the trunk server
– Final Server Flows unite all call server (SM) and trunk server (Trunk) pre-administered
parameters.

Under DNS settings on the first page when you click the 'install' link

Thanks holdmusic34. I think I configured that on the SBC. Let me check it again when I go back in the customer. Thank you very much for the help. Really appreciate it. [smile2]

HI Holdmusic. It's working now! I just didn't checked "SIP Registrar Enabled" on the other IPO interfaced on B1 port. Thanks for your support. Really appreciate it. [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back