Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunking in SV8100

Status
Not open for further replies.

MH02DN

Technical User
Jan 28, 2009
IN
[pre]I am trying to set up a couple of SIP trunks in a SV8100 system and it is the first time that we are attempting it. We have two licences installed in the system.

When I try and define the SIP trunks in CMD 10-40-01 and 10-40-02, I get an error that the commands could not be applied as there were errors. Even the CMD 10-03 does not show the port numbers automatically and cannnot be updated. Hence I cannot get started.

Also, the CMD 10-40-02 allows for minimum of 4 trunks but we have only 2 licences. I was wondering if that can that be a problem.

Thanks.

Dear Beleverde,

Thanks for your reply. I will be connecting with Avaya IP Office so any document related to this connectivity will help.

Right now I am stuck at the first stage where the SIP trunks are not reflecting in CMD 10-03 for the IPLA card. I am in the process of obtaining two additional SIP trunk licences. Your document clears my doubt about the minimum number of SIP licences as I could not find any info earlier.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have added a total of 4 SIP trunk licences into my system. However the problem still seems to be that same. I am not able to see the SIP trunks (logical ports) in CMD 10-03-01 for the IPLA card. The logical ports are not getting assigned even after a system reset. Hence I am not able to go ahead with my SIP trunk configuration.
I have also observed that the command 10-40-01 does not work with 'webpro' as it gives the following error "Some errors occured ..." and the data comes back to default. However 10-40 works with PCpro.

I have a 64IPLA card and the system is connected with another system over netlink. Hence I would assume that the IPLA card is alright. The CPU version is 5.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back