Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJacobs313

Technical User
Apr 26, 2013
US
So I have a CM 6.2 with System/Session Manager. I have a vendor saying they need a SIP trunk built for an innovaphone which then needs a dialback code. So I know how to build a SIP trunk, but there are no extensions involved in this, just an IP address to this innovaphone. I am not sure how this would work, and how they can get dialback? We tried the TAC but that just gives a busy signal. The vendor isn't giving me much more info to go off of.

"I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma." - Eartha Kitt

What's it supposed to do for you?

If it's like an IVR, there's a feature called converse in vectoring. Typically used with analog, I haven't checked if it's good for SIP.

Basically you'd have the vector "converse-on" a hunt group and you send the call to it while still under vector control. For example, the IVR might pickup the CLID or speech reco a name/account number or something and then setup an interaction in the database for the agent that'll receive the call. When it's done with the call it'll dial the converse back code and that lets the vector know the IVR is done with the call and to continue with vector processing.

So on the vendors end they are set up as a VOIP gateway, and are asking me to strip the dialback code before sending to the innovaphone voip gateway. So really they just want a sip trunk to the IP address of the innovaphone, with some sort of dial access code. I just feel like that is not enough information for me to set something up. Unless there is a way to do it with an access code, like "if a call comes in with "123xxxx" then use this trunk... I know I have set vectors up to route to things using the AAR access code, but this won't provide dialback for them.

Well, in SM adaptations you can strip digits when sending them calls.

Like if they wanted 555-555-1234 and assumed you'd send 9-555-555-1234, you can have SM strip the 9.

Is that what they mean?

I think that is closer. This is internal only. It is some phone used with a nursecall system. But I didn't think about adaptations. I will look into that.

So after talking to the vendor a lot more, I think I am getting somewhere with them. One thing I don't know though, I have a hunt group 2020, they dial aar access code and 2020 to access this innovaphone. They want to know if I can strip the digits 2020 off completely, and not replace them. I have tried a few things in the adaptations, but I am not really sure if I can or not:

14:29:42.046 |<----BYE---| | | (498) sip:2020@IP Address

Yeah it is

Does your hunt group have these phones as members or is it like a voicemail huntgroup where it has the AAR code in one field and the aar number in another to get to a trunk?

Is their system registering SIP extensions on yours, or do you just have a trunk to them?

Innovaphone seems to bring up Ascom.

Is it a Ascom IP DECT SIP thing? There's devconnect notes around it if that's any help.

The hunt group is a voice mail hunt group with aar.

This is a trunk to them.

Yes, I am working with a third party that ascom hired, but when I asked for documentation they didn't have any, and I was unable to find anything on google for this particular product.

They were unable tot ell me much, other than they wanted a SIP trunk to the IP of the innovaphone, but then they said they needed a dial access code, and need dialback to rooms (within the ascom system). So I built the trunk and the hunt group and got that all going, but still isn't seeming to work all together, and they don't want to see the hunt group extension, which I don't know how to strip that out. right now they see they 3 digit aar access code and then the hunt group extension, and I think they want all of it stripped out for call back purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back