Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP trunk wont reconnect till reboot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfjim

Technical User
Jan 16, 2017
CA
We have UCx in two sites. The UCx are connected via SIP trunk over VPN. The issue we are having is that sometimes when the VPN is disconnected and then connected again, the sip trunk from site 1 to site 2 is automatically reconnected, however the SIP trunk from site 2 to site 1 will lose connection and stay disconnected until the system in site 1 is rebooted.

I tried to restart Telephony service in site 1, or send command "SIP reload". Neither of them works. The configuration in SIP trunk section are the same in both UCx. SIP trunk type is user/pear.

Anyone has idea about this?

I use IAX2 trunks, no VPN needed, no restarts needed after internet is restored.
1 company has 6 remote sites (all asterisk servers) another company has 2 sites (1 ucx 50 and 1 asterisk server)

Make sure you have the NAT Settings section under SIP Settings correctly configured. What is the current configuration on the two systems?

Specifically, if you use the Static IP option, make sure that the VPN subnet is included under Local Networks. Auto Configure usually does a good job populating known network as well as the external IP.

We have NAT: Yes and static IP for both sites. Both VPN subnets are included under Local Networks

I setup IAX2 trunk without VPN. The connection works well. Thanks theislandtech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back