Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk with VCM Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

telklass

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2015
US
Hi all,

On one system i have a SIP trunk channel license installed and sip trunk is able to configure, i tested it with a GSS SIP Gateway,
Another AVAYA Ip 500V2 control unit is equiped with a VCM card, is this card will allows a sip trunk configured as well without an existing SIP trunk channels license ?

Look forward to your reply,

Thanks !

Hi,

SIP trunk would need license.
VCM only provides VOIP resources.

Thanks,

Thanks !

You mean with either VCM 32 or 64 channels,will provide 32/64 voip channels ? Correct ?

A VCM32 allows 32 VCM channels not 32 VOIP channels. There is a difference. A VCM channel is used to translate analogue/digital to IP or vice versa and are used to setup a VoIP call, whereas there is not specifically a licence for VoIP Channels.

| ACSS SME |

In addition:
A VCM channel is always used to provide system tones as dial tone etc.
A VCM channel is always used on calls between VoIP and traditional devices.
A VCM channel is always used between VoIP devices if the used codec differs.
If a codec is used other then the G.711 te VCM32/64 has a limited number of max used channels, see table below
VCM_kqkaq4.jpg

This limitation is not documented for the Combo Cards.
Without VCM resources VoIP cannot be used at all.

Thank you, thank you very much,

Both licenses SIP trunk channels (10 - 5) require adequtate number of VCM channels,
is it neccessary that a VCM Card will must be installed on the system as well ?

Thanks !

Check on your IPO system status, under resources and see on available VCM's .
I think if you have a combo card, each will come with 10 VCM chan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back