Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sip trunk random Unavailable - No trunk or registration error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimFed

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2020
US
I have a system that keeps randomly rejecting sip trunk calls after the system has been running for a few days. They get hundreds of calls a day but after a few days certain calls get rejected but not all. I upgraded to the latest build of version 10 10.1.0.8.0 build 3. I have upgraded the firmware on the firewall. I have tried multiple changes to the sip trunk settings. The firewall is locked down to allow only the SIP provider to connect so I know it is not hackers taking down the the trunk and I have turned on all monitoring of the system and I am not getting failed logins like I get if I open the firewall ports to anywhere. Rebooting the system fixes the issue. I have now found that if I select the sip line and uncheck the in service button save config and then recheck the in service box it fixes the problem. At least I don't have to reboot the system so this make fixing it much faster. This makes it look like a phone system problem as this always fixes the sip trunk connections and I can get hundreds of calls a day again for a few days before we randomly get Unavailable - No trunk or registration errors. I have older version 9.1 system that work fine and newer version 11. I am thinking I need to upgrade the system to 11.1 but wanted to see if anyone else has seen issues with version 10.1 and sip trunks or any version with similar results before purchasing upgrade.

No Need to upgrade the IPO or anything as it sounds like a NAT or SIP ALG issue with the firewall. I've had similar with a Palo Alto firewall where a reboot or taking the trunk oos would resolve the issue. Was down to how the SIP traffic was configured on the firewall itself.

What model firewall are you using and I might have some info for you.

I am using a Ubiquiti Networks Networks Networks Router (ER-X). I am not seeing error with the sip provider as the router is not set to use ALG
I have the IP office now set to open internet. Tried firewall blocking as well

Thanks it is weird that I can go a couple of weeks sometimes and others a few days

Since you pointed to firewall I just did some more research and found a command I ran
set system conntrack modules sip disable

I will monitor and see if this fixes it. I thought that since I restart the sip trunk it is fixed that was a PBX issue
Thanks I will monitor and seed if this fixes the problem

Ok update on this. I have upgraded the phone system to the latest 11.1.2.2. I thought I fixed it but it has been two weeks and they started getting the Sip error 604 no sip trunk available from Flowroute. I rebooted the phone system and the calls are coming in fine. They get hundreds of calls a day and they can go weeks fine with no errors. This is weird as I have other systems setup exactly the same and they do not have these issues. When it starts it is only random calls through out the days so out of hundreds of calls there will be 20 error 604. I went weeks with out a single error. I thought it was the router so I upgraded to the latest firmware. I have upgraded the phone system to the latest update. I have matched sip settings to other customers that work. This is a hard one because I can go weeks without any issues.
Thanks for any suggestions or help

Ok I have now replaced the Firewall with a brand new SonicWALL firewall and I am still having random calls not going thru to the IP office.
I can get 2 to 3 hundred calls all good and then I start getting errors connecting from Flowroute. I have tried every sip configuration I can find.
I am now going to order a AT&T U-verse and swap the Sip trunks to come in that circuit. Sometimes I can go a week other times a few days. If disable and reenable the SIP trunk it works for another day or so. I have this same exact configuration at other sites and they work fine with Flowroute. Some get over 300 calls a day. Also when it happens I will get 30 good calls and then one failure and then 30 more calls go thru. I am out of ideas if the U-verse circuit does not work. I have multiple customers running sip without any of these issues. I do not want to call Avaya support as they are worthless especially on a issue like this.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

What OPTIONS are your talking about? I did change binding refresh under lan1 network topology to 5 from 0.
Is there other settings I should change. Calls are already failing didn't even make it 24 hours. I have ordered a second internet but this is kicking my butt as I have tried everything. I have many other systems working fine some with even more calls per day and 0 failures using Comcast as well. I disable the sip trunk save config and then reenable it and calls will work for a day or so. Just did that again and all calls are working fine no failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back