Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sip Trunk Provider for BCM50 version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripper65

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
GB
Is there a Sip provider that will work and has been tested on BCM50 version 3 to provide SIP Trunks in the UK

I understand Nortel need to certify SIP Providers FOR interoperability but in UK this does not seem to be the case.

SIP protocol has not been set. Nortel uses a proprietary SIP signaling.

I have attempted to use a few providers here in the states. The issue seems to be the SIP response codes. I was able to make/receive calls, but had issue with post connection DTMF pass-thru. Could not choose options from Auto attendant, enter CC# or bank info ect...

When standardization is complete, I think Nortel will have no choice but to make changes. As for now, SIP on a Nortel is BCM to BCM only

Thank you for your reply, I have received news from another source that SIP may be certified in the second half of this year with a major UK provider.

Thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back