Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk on Broadsoft Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayainstaller1

Technical User
Aug 23, 2016
US
We just switched SIP trunk providers from Fusion/Broadvox to DSCI, who runs on a Broadsoft switch.

We've been able to have users output their DID numbers as their outbound caller ID for years.

Since the install, either we can have incoming calls coming in properly because the Local URI for the main number is set up the way the Broadsoft switch likes it OR we can have our outbound caller ID they way we like. Can't seem to have both at the same time.

Has anyone found the magic combo?

IP500V2 9.1(8)

You need BOTH Uri's setup on the Sip trunk

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Each number has a SIP URI entry. If I put the main number in the Local URI tab on the entry associated with it's incoming call route, calls come in fine, but outbound calls show the main number as their outbound CI number, not the DID number.

If I take the main number off it's associated Local URI entry, outbound CI is correct for the users, but calls to the DID numbers get a number not in service message from the provider. Toll Free numbers come in fine regardless above the 2 scenarios described.

What am I missing, it's driving me crazy!

You should only need 2 URIs

For the first one select "Use Internal Data" on Local URI, Contact, Display Name
Fot the second one enter * on the same fields

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back