Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP trunk on BCM50 rel 5.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchBaZ

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2008
NL
Hi All,

I've been breaking my head on why nortel did not implement the standard SIP trunk to be able to connect to an external SIP provider.

Now i noticed release 5.0 is out. Does anyone know if the SIP trunking methods have changed? Is it possible to connect to external SIP providers now?

Would i need another software upgrade license to go to 5.0? I am running 3.0 now.

Cheers

BaZ

Hi gwebster,

thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately i am not able to find the doc you mentioned. I did find several config guides with large providers like AT&T, but i am working with a smaller company here in Holland.

I am hoping to find as much information as possible before buying another upgrade license for nothing (like i did with the 2.0 to 3.0 upgrade).

The issue is in the SIP authentication as far as i could see. In 3.0 there was no way of entering the SIP authentication credentials provided by my SIP SP.

Cheers

BaZ

go to wedophones.com. they have tons of tech manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back