Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk monitoring 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtt2019

Technical User
Jul 6, 2019
BR
Hi Sirs:
For IPO r11.x, please could you give me an advice how to monitor SIP Trunk channels in real time? (procedure, method or app).
I was trying to find docs about this but it is not clear. I found that ACR (Avaya Call Reporting) can monitor TRUNKS in some way, have you had some experience with that to comment please?

Any answer/comment will be very welcomed.
Regards

Thanks Derfloh. Yes, it is enough.
Only one more question, please.
Is it possible to extract that info (SIP Trunk channels) from SYSTEM STATUS to built an external report? How would I do that?

System status doesn't have a "report" option, it is strictly a real-time view of your what the IPO is doing with the ability to record it. This is a troubleshooting tool. It sounds like you are looking for historical reporting, something that is more along the lines of Xima Chronicall (which is the original version of ACR, Avaya just rebranded it). For those, I think you would be looking for the Trunk Usage by Time report. That can give you a breakdown of things like:

- Your busiest times in regards to channel usage are Mondays between 8 and 10 am.
- You get twice as many incoming calls on Fridays as you do the rest of the week combined
etc.

- Qz

It would really help if you could describe what you means by monitor. How often a channel wasn't available for a call? how many channels in use at different time? full history of numbers called/calling, etc? diagnostics trace of issues? - Monitor can mean different things to different people.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back