Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk Issue Between CS1000 and BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehidal1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2004
US
Okay, let me start by saying I don't have a ton of info on this issue. We have a vendor working at one of our hospitals trying to upgrade the Nortel. To do this, he is setting up a BCM at a second hospital and connecting the 2 via SIP. Calls can go from one side to another, phone rings, but call drops immediately when you pick up. When calling the other direction, calls fail upon attempt.

As I said, I don't have a ton of details, but the vendor is blaming our network configuration. We don't see any issues on the network side. Do the switch ports need to be setup as a voice vlan to create a trunk? Or should access port be fine? Does this seem like a Nortel issue or more of a network issue?

Thanks!
Eric

As you said Eric - there is not much information to go forward with the troubleshooting

Ask the vendor for network requirements and get the network team to verify or setup so - that'll possibly put an end to the blaming game

I had a similar problem last week with calls doing the same thing on a remote BCM connecting to the PBX at my main facility using SIP trunks. The vendor and I worked on it for several hours before we reset the signaling servers connected to the PBX. It cleared up my issue. Not sure if it will fix your problem, but it may be worth a shot if that hasn't been tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back