Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFrey

Programmer
Dec 20, 2009
US
I need to build a SIP trunk to support more than 128 calls. If I add 2 SIP URI's with 128 channels each will that allow the one line to support 256 calls? SSA only shows it as having 128 channels when I do that.

Was asked recently and limits are

Maximum SIP Channels, DL360 (Primary/Secondary) 512 (direct media) 256 (indirect media) See also concurrent VoIP call capacity below
Maximum SIP Channels, DL120/R210 (Primary/Secondary) 256 (direct media) 128 (indirect media) See also concurrent VoIP call capacity below
Maximum SIP Channels, DL120/R210 (Expansion) 256 (direct media) 128 (indirect media) See also concurrent VoIP call capacity below
Maximum SIP Channels, IP500 V2 128 (direct media) 120 (indirect media) See also concurrent VoIP call capacity below

| ACSS SME |

So if I need 128+ channels would it be a good idea to create two lines, one for inbound and one for outbound? Both would need to register to the same IP.

What hardware OP?

If an IP500v2 then you are SOL.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back