Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk Calls Drop Once placed on Hold - Aura 8.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallot

Vendor
Jul 15, 2009
US
Hi folks

I'm having an issue where SIP trunk calls inbound are dropping when picked up after being placed on hold. CM looks like the call just hung up. Haven't yet had time to trace back to the ASBCE or Session Manager.

Thanks!

Could be the SBC check "Hold Support" and "Send Hold" settings in the interworking profile for both sides.

We are in the UK using Gamma and ours is set to RFC2543 and refer handling is disabled so "send hold" is off

Does the call disconnect or does the speech path to re-establish?

If it is the latter, I've seen this caused by the CM sending a hold notification that the carrier. Try turning off the "send hold notofcation@' off on page 3 or 4 of the trunk form. In most cases hold should be a PABX function that teh carrier doesn't need to get involved with.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Good morning folks and Thanks! for replying.

We can see that we are sending the message to the wrong domain and port.

But, I like the idea that it is not a needed option. I'm looking on the CM page 3 and 4 of the trunk group, and I don't see any option for hold.

@mattKnight: The option "Hold/Unhold Notifications? n" is not available in SIP trunks, only ISDN PRIs. :(

Folks,

Thanks for your suggestions. This issue ended up being one of a couple settings in the CM trunk group on the Protocols page. I just duplicated another working SIP trunk group and it was resolved. I had been waved off it being CM because of what the SM and ASBCE traces were showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back