Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP to copper trunk integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdm1964

Technical User
Jul 1, 2009
US
I work for a FTTx provider. We can deliver Ethernet SIP trunks to a business but some have old key and PBX systems that require 1FB or ground start lines. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable interfacing hardware that converts SIP trunks to loop or ground start trunks? We are thinking of trying another vendor and want someone with a good track record of interfacing with a lot of different PBX brands.

I have never heard of an item like what you are talking about but Im sure something exists. I used to have to work with extending T1's over different mediums and we bought products from a company called rad.com. Maybe they have something or someone that can lead you in the right direction.

We use quintum gateways for converting SIP trunks to analogue and ISDN for legacy PBXs.

They are not the cheapest, but they are very reliable and are simple to configure. Also, if you are deploying a large amount of them, there is a remote management server which all your gateways can point to for configuration and updates. These servers can span 1000s of gateways, which can be quite handy :)

You said Loopstart or GS.

I may be wrong, but I've never seen a ATA with ground start. Again, google could prove me wrong, but I've never seen it.

As long as you don't need GS, wouldn't a Linksys PAP2 with custom firmware, or a Cisco 186 do the job?

There is no security, only different levels of insecurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back