Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

harsh1989

Technical User
Dec 13, 2013
Hello,

I am trying to setup SIP lines for the first time in Avaya IP office
I have all the licenses and Hardware to implement it. I am stuck in programming IP office.

In LAN 2 > LAN Settings > Ip address will it be the IP address of my Internet service provider or SIP service provider?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it seems like you're in need of a good BP to implement this for you. SIP isn't usually something you can just dive into and have it work. There is much to consider; firewalls, proper ports, uri's, etc etc. There are guides on Avaya's site, as well as other sites, for implementing SIP, you should check that out.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

I have the guide with me, already configure all the ports on the firewall.
Just stuck at one point.

That's your local IP. of LAN2.
Network Topology is where you put your outside IP of firewall. (hopefully a static?)

The SIP line under (lines) is where you put your SIP providers IP.

got it, the guide had confused me as it meant something not logical.

Thank you silicondarktide !

You are Natting through a firewall right? And using a static WAN address?

If you connecting LAN2 directly to lets say a cable modem you would put your WAN address under LAN2-> LAN settings and set network topology to "open network" and not even put in a "public ip" under network topology.

If your going through a firewall/router you put your local IP under LAN2->Lan settings. EXAMPLE: 192.168.1.5 and under Network topology you put your outside IP. EXAMPLE 50.50.66.32 and tell it what kind of NAT your doing. I found only (static port block) works. I tried the "full cone nat" and it didn't work through a sonicwall with all ports forwarded to my IP office.

Make a SIP line. Your sip provider IP goes under "ITSP domain name" under SIP LINE tab and "ITSP proxy address" under TRANSPORT tab.
Then under the SIP LINE (transport tab) setting you point it back to LAN2 under the "transport tab" -> use network topology.

It will complain about a stun server buy I never put one in.

Yes i am Natting through firewall.
WAN address is static
I am going through the firewall
My lan ip is already in Local network so now i will have to add LAN 2 in the local network too?

If i go through Local network i will also have to create IP route with destination LAN2?

LAN1 and LAN2 on the network?
hopefully not the same network or the IPO will get confused

You can route your calls through LAN1 or LAN2 as the system doesn't really care

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back