Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Request from wrong LAN Interface

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
A couple years ago we installed a Valcom Paging system for this school & thought they got things resolved connecting to their Avaya 9.1 Preferred Edition from the venders that installed the Avaya.
We are using Valcom VIP-822 & Valcom ACS devices.
The 822 is a SIP device that's used to communicate to Avaya.
Have a 3rd party license reserved for new SIP Ext 361 & tried numerous things to try to get registered.
As said we didn't install the Avaya, but now gave me remote access to try to figure out.
When we first installed the Valcom & knew wasn't communicating, in Monitor seen it was Blacklisting 361 & IP I set.
Now getting back to look things over better, not seeing anything with blacklist, but get SIP request from 10.0.15.xxx came from wrong LAN interface & the 403 Forbidden

I'm remote into a laptop that has the Avaya software & found I need to use the LAN 2 IP of 10.0.8.xxx to use any of the software.
All their H323 IP phones use the 10.0.15.xxx IP that's configured on Avaya's LAN 1

Their IP Route looks off by the looks & maybe that's the issue?
Have two of them saying;
IP Address= 10.0.0.1
Mask= 255.255.255.0
Gateway= 0.0.0.0 with red X flashing saying The IP Address enter is outside of the destination LAN Subnet range
Destination= LAN 1

Second one configured is;
IP Address= 0.0.0.0
Mask= 255.0.0.0
Gateway= 10.0.0.1
Destination= Also LAN 1

I know I had all this Valcom equipment set up using my IP Office in my office before installing & worked.
We don't have the complicated IP scheme however.

Any advice/input will be greatly appreciated, they will love me if can get this working.
IT person at school thought may need to upgrade Avaya & VMPRO since originally as said things went to the Blacklist & thought we had no way to clear it out until newer revisions came out.

Thanks very much!

You've definitely got some network misconfigurations here.

So your Voice vLAN your phones live on is 10.0.15.x (I assume it's a /24 subnet), of which LAN1 of the IPO lives on. If yes, the main IP Route should look like this:

IP Address= 0.0.0.0
Mask= 255.255.255.0
Gateway= 10.0.15.1 (again, assuming that 10.0.15.x/24 is the voice vLAN subnet)
Destination= LAN 1
Metric=0

Going off of the information provided, you'd also want:
IP Address= 10.0.8.0
Mask= 255.255.255.0
Gateway= 10.0.8.1
Destination= LAN2
Metric=5
....assuming that 10.0.8.X/24 is the data network where LAN2 of the IPO lives.

*obviously if the subnets are smaller or larger than the /24, the subnet masks will need to be different.

With that said.....I'm going to assume that this route below was created because there possibly aren't any vLANs set up anywhere and this is just a giant poorly thought out network design, and 10.0.0.1 is the gateway for every "network" and someone is just throwing IPs around to different types of devices.
Second one configured is;
IP Address= 0.0.0.0
Mask= 255.0.0.0
Gateway= 10.0.0.1
Destination= Also LAN 1

What's the IP/subnet/gateway of the 10.0.15.x paging system?

Thanks for the reply nnaarrnn,
So I did not include the LAN 1 or 2 settings, just the IP Route info previously.
Didn't want to make it any longer than I thought needed until hoping someone would reply to give more info then.
LAN 1 IP=10.0.15.254 Mask=255.0.0.0 with number of DHCP IP addresses is 200 Mode is set to Server
LAN 2 IP=10.0.8.236 Mask=255.255.255.0 Mode is set to Disable (this is what I use for Manager, System Status & Monitor)

Valcom paging is IP=10.0.15.251 Mask=255.0.0.0 Gateway=10.0.15.254

Just copied your info to school's IT person to ask the things you are assuming & any IP info he can give me as he would know more than me.
I'm just a phone guy:)
Unsure but he may take the ball from here, but the more info you (or anyone else reading) can let me know, I'll pass along to him if he chooses to try resolving himself.
As said they would be so happy if get this resolved.
Thanks again

Just got this back from IT person at the school;

you are correct in that all the phone stuff is on the 10.0.15.0 /24 network. I have to configure my computer (that you are accessing) to a 10.0.8.0 / 24 number to be able to see the ip-office device.

I also agree with your tech that my network is pretty wide open and I need to make changes just didn't have the experience or network equipment to make that happen. Hopefully soon.

Going to wait to see if get anymore info from here Tek-Tips & see if wants me to reconfigure.

Thanks again everyone

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back