Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sip Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy1983

Programmer
Apr 30, 2008
CA
Hello,

I have a SIP phone that I want to connect to an IP 406 version 5.0(22)

I have set it up internally on Lan 1 and it works fine. What I want is to be able to use it at another location connecting in to the LAN 2 port.

We have a netgear router currently on Lan 2 that has a static IP and the Avaya IP phones can connect using a client as a VPN phone. The netgear is forwarding everything on 5060 and 5061 to the Lan 2 on the system.

When I point my SIP phone to the external IP of the router I can watch monitor and the phone is trying to connect showing the rx but there is no tx and the phone fails to register.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

I also have an IP route of IP 0.0.0.0 Mask 255.255.255.0 Gateway - Gateway of Lan 2

Is you VPN connected?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

The only way I got this to work was using port forwarding and static NAT rules to a spare external IP on a Cisco router, cheaper routers pass the traffic through to the IPO with their own external address as the source and as such the SIP device will never register, wireshark and monitor traces need to be studied to sort this (if it's possible) :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

If you can setup a VPN client on the mobile phone it would be your best/safest option.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back