Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP phones and PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

atdjr123

Technical User
Mar 12, 2012
US
I'm proposing a system to a client and I need to if the sip phones can access a pri trunk on the ucx for outbound calls??? I need to possibly install cordless phones and I'd like to use Yealink W52 since the T7406e are useless...

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

You would access the PRI through an outbound route. You can reach an outbound route with any device, whether it be SIP, Nortel Digital phones, Nortel IP Phones, analog phones.

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

What's wrong with the T7406e sets? I have several working on several UCx's and they work great.

What issues are you having with them?

Hey Telcodog, I'm getting a great deal of static and feedback. I tried relocating base station and still have the same problem. Are you using the t7406's black or the 7406e's gray. I had spoke with someone at emetrotel and they're response was that they don't function as well as the 7406's..

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

No. There's only 1 set that has distorted audio but it was like that when it was connected to the BCM that we replaced.

Hey, this is a little off topic but I couldn't post a thread. I get an error message. But let me shoot this by you. I have recently added two Yealink W52P sip cordless handsets to my UCX. Both are up and running just fine, however one of them stops ringing intermittently. I can make calls internally and externally when this occurs but no audible ringing on handset. I have also viewed logs and they show call going to set and ringing. I'm thinking it may be a handset issue. What are your thoughts???

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Just an FYI- You can download the Bria or CSIP app for your Android or iPhone and register the client to a UCx as a Generic SIP device. You use a user license, but it works great on WIFI or 4G networks..

Hey Nortelucx vendor, I did download the bria software to my pc however, windows is encountering a problem launching the program. I've submitted a ticket at counterpath but do you have any ideas on what the issue may be.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Hey atdjr123, If you are running Windows 7 or 8, you may need to right click the installation file and select "Run as administrator". In addition, you may also consider turning nay AV software OFF until you have the application installed. I had to chose the "Run as administrator" option to properly install the program on my PC>
Hope this helps!

Hey atdjr123, If you are running Windows 7 or 8, you may need to right click the installation file and select "Run as administrator". In addition, you may also consider turning nay AV software OFF until you have the application installed. I had to chose the "Run as administrator" option to properly install the program on my PC>
Hope this helps!

Hey UCXNortel, I'm running vista. I think my problem is internal because I'm having difficulty running some other programs as well. Gonna perform a cleanup and see if that helps any...Once I'm done though i will try your suggestion. Thanks

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back