Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP on BCM 50 r3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackofficeEurope

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2007
BE
Has anyone already configured SIP on a BCM50 r3. Whatever I try it doesn't seem to work. On the BEM Sip subpage it says "gateway is not runnning" and I have no idea where to set it to run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike

You can't manually start the gateway,it will change to running once the service is up and working. The config depends upon what you are connecting to via SIP. Another BCM? A CS1000? Something else?

OK, at least I don't need to look any further for soemthing taht isn't there. I'm trying to connect to a SIP provider but without any luck so far. A short manual (not the 600 page network manual) would be nice.

Sorry, I'm only familiar with the SIP config when interoping with another BCM or CS1000. However, if I were in your shoes I'd consult the "task based guide" for BCM50 3.0, under IP Telephony. If you've not seen these before, you'll see that they put specific tasked into one fast, easy manual so you're not digging through two or three 600 page manuals.

Here's the link:

If you can't get to the link, let me know and I'll upload the IP Telephony part of the guide somewhere for you. Looks like it has very comprehensive info for the config you're working on and it's only 80 pages :)

Sorry I could not be more help .. good luck.

I forgot to mention, if you feel you have the configuration correct already, you should try a stop/start of the feps service. Sometimes after a number of changes have been made, even if you get a window that states the feps services will be automatically restarted, a manual stop/start as opposed to "restart" will resolve the issue.

It's always best to check the gas before rebuilding the engine, eh? LOL! Sorry I tried to complicate matters.

Don't worry it already helped a lot.

I now have a second issue: can't et an outside line
The configuration is currently like this:

Lines
Active Physical Lines
4 BRI Pool A
Active Voip Lines
3 Voip PoolBloc B

Routing
Routes
000 A
002 BlocB
Destination codes
0 Route 000
8 Route 002

When I initiate a call with 0 it works fine and when I use 8 (which should use the Voip lines then it says Denied in Admin. Where would I change that ?

Did you add blocB to line pool access on the set?

I did and that that did the trick.
Now apparently my SIP Provider is not reacting. Have to find a way to check if the connection to their sip server is working, but thanks for all the help so far

If this BCM has a MCDN keycode, you can try using BCMMON UIP trace to see if any specific message is being received from the distant end when you attempt a call.

If no MCDN keycode, then you can try looking at the feps logs - sometimes the error is obvious (in English).

Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back