Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Message-No Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2013
GB
Does anyone know the message that the SBC/IPO will send back to the SIP provide in the event that all licenses are being used?

I would guess it would be a 486 (user busy) but if you have had any of you no for sure I would appreciate if you could confirm.

More likely it would return 500 or 503.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hmm, yeah 503 seems quite likely..

503 Service Unavailable
The server is undergoing maintenance or is temporarily overloaded and so cannot process the request. A "Retry-After" header field may specify when the client may reattempt its request.

If anyone knows for certain please confirm as I need to feed this info back into our SIP team and I don't currently have the lab set up to test myself.

I guess it depends if you have less licenses than trunk members. If you've got 15 licenses and a trunk of 10, the 11th call get a busy. If you've got 10 licenses and a trunk of 15 members, the 11th call would probably get a 503.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back