Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP firmware for Mitel 5312 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmedia

Technical User
Oct 31, 2011
US
thread1329-1647041

Does anybody know where I can get the SIP firmware for the Mitel 5312 phones?

Thanks. It looks like MoL is for resellers/partners only, and we're just the end user. So I'll contact my reseller.

Also wondering, we're running firmware 02.01.01.06 now, and want to change to SIP 8.x. Can we go directly to the SIP v8 firmware, or do we need to do multiple upgrades (v6 to v7 to v8)

Thanks

The phone is now running Minet. The first step is to change the phone to SIP.
Reset the phone while holding the 5
Network Parameters? #(NO)
Hardware Config? #(NO)
Phone Mode? *(YES)
Protocol? *(YES)
Phone Mode:Minet *=Change *(YES)
Select 0 for SIP.

Looks like you will have to upgrade in several steps:

"If you are running Rel 3 software, you will need to upgrade to Rel 4 prior to going to 5.0.0.21. It is strongly recommended not to upgrade through the GUI. Only the Boot (Set) upgrade should be performed if your are running software lower than 6.0.0.19."

"IMPORTANT NOTE
If you are running Firmware on sets prior to 5.0.0.21, you MUST follow the instructions included in the 7.1 Release Notes. Failure to follow these steps will result in upgrade failure. "

Thanks DoubleUT -- it turns out the phones had the right firmware, I just had to follow your procedure to switch to SIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back