Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Extensions Not updating Calling Party - MiVoice 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Guys,

Imagine that a 5340 (DN 1001 - Telephone Directory name PETER) receives an external call, then Peter will see external number (i.e. 6135922122).

If PETER then transfers (Transfers and release) that call to SIP BRIA on IPhone (DN 1002 - Telephone Directoru name JOHN), John will see that Peter is calling. However, John will never see 6135922122 .

Is there an option in the SIP Capabilities that force the SIP message to update the Calling Party ID?

I have tested with different SIP devices and it behave the same.

Please advise, Cheers,

Daniel

Hi dan, if you receive a call direct to the bria client from outside do you see cli?

yes bob, if that sip extension receives an outside call directly, then it sees external cli nice and clear.

the problem is when somebody else receives an outside call and transferes it to a sip phone.

what i havent tested is when one of the auto attendant ports trnsfers the call.

cheers bob,

dan

Try setting this COS option to Yes - Display Held Call ID on Transfer.

nop, don't work. I enabled Display Held Call ID on Transfer on both the Trunk and all the extensions involved... but no luck.

Thanks any way, I am thinking to open a ticket with the support guys and see what they say.

Thanks a lot, regards,

Daniel

Got to be something in the SIP settings.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Have you tried changing the 'Use P-Asserted Identity Header' setting?

In the SIP Device Caps - Signalling and Header Manipulation - Allow Display Updates - set to yes.

From the help: "Select Yes to allow the system to update SIP phone displays with connected party name and number information during transfers, conferences, and call forwarding scenarios."

This may not work with all devices, the SIP client must support getting the Invite with the new name and number.

Only one I am aware of(because I used it) is the Ascom wireless devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back