Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Extension on Public network

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepcsupport

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2012
GB
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have an IP office V2. ver. 7. I am using a Sonicwall enhanced unit as my firewall. I want to open SIP extensions on the internet. So create SIP ext and user and take a SIP phone home and use it without using any VPN connection. Is this possible?

The SIP phone is a Yealink SIP-T22P (I have also tried PC software and HTC built-in SIP function). All working on the internal network.
SIP user has teleworker license. (Tried with Power user also)

LAN1: 192.168.14.2 On VOIP VLAN - Used only for IP / SIP Phones on the network
LAN2: 192.168.10.2 on DATA VLAN - Used for management

I have assigned a Public IP address (NAT) on LAN1 and Opened all SIP H323 ports on the firewall but cannot get a connection. On the firewall is logging (401 Not Authorized)
To exclude the firewall I have connected the IP Office Interface straight on the router with an public IP address and no firewall services enabled. No joy.

In both cases I cannot see anything in monitor.

Do I need to setup anything in the LANx Network topology or SIP Registrar?
Help!

Many thanks

Andrei

Hi,

Could you solve this? I'm just trying to do the same. Can you help me?

Thanks!

Hi,
Not solved yet. Still working on it. Everyone is saying that Avaya + Sonicwall = Trouble.

My next step is to put the LAN2 on a simple Cable router and set a NAT and allow all ports.

Will let you know with status.

Regards

Andrei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back