Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP drops on fwd to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

indy102

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
US
We have 2 CS1000s both with Call Pilot, one M 5.5 and other single cab e 7.5 with SIP trunking between. When any external call goes through the M location by either AA or answer and transfer to a phone at the e location the call will drop after the phone rings 4 times. We can call direct station from the M to the e over SIP trunks to the phone and into voice mailbox just fine.
An external call will forward no answer phone to phone but not to voice mail.

Any ideas?

kindest regards

Kinda sounds like a trunk to trunk issue. Centralized voice mail I'm assuming at the M site or does the Esite have it's own voice mail?

2 separate systems with separate Call Pilots.
Other locations are PRI without voice mail and work fine returning call back to main site. This location is new and using SIP but has its own call pilot.

So at the E site the call will not forward to your Call Pilot CDN, correct? But it will forward to another phone at the E site, correct? What is the connectivity to the Call Pilot? Just AML or is it SIP to the Call Pilot? A few things to play with on the phone would be to allow in CLS, SFA, CFXA and UNR. These settings may have no affect but it's worth a shot. I have an Aura Messaging System which is SIP and I had to allow CFXA in all my phones so they could hard forward to voice mail. A forward no answer would work fine but if the user wanted to hard forward their phone to VM it wouldn't work. Just a few ideas to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back