Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Device on CS1K R5.0 with NRS 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelSpt

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2008
US
I need to assign a SIP phone to my CS1K. The Sig server is setup to enable SIP proxy / Redirect. The NRS is set up for the Proxy, and is setup to support registration, but the SMC3455 SIP client I am trying to use gives an error message, Registration error: 403 - Forbidden.
What are the steps?

I beleive CS1K 'SIP' Phones are not supported yet CS2K does
at this stage, unless someone else can confirm ?

Cheers!!

Follow my faq for the XLite softphone install, should be basically the same.

faq798-7118

I am able to regiser to the NRS, and have created a test number, and can receive calls, but I cannot place calls.

Outbound is the difficult piece, you have to make sure the DNS entries are there and working correctly or SIP will fail constantly

If I was to guess, you skipped step 7 of the pre-reqs. This is what happens when you skip step 7 :)

Ok, Step 7, I think that we have the SIP URI backwards.
Sig Server Private/UDP = udp - NRS L0 = CDP
Sig Server Private/CDP = CDP - NRS L1 = UDP

Do we have these backwards?

You need to have the DNS of the NRS fixed.

Example:
nrs.company.com = SIP Domain (HAS TO HAVE ROUTABLE DNS ENTRIES FOR ANYTHING TO WORK PROPERLY!!!)

regional.com = UDP (does not need DNS entry)

OfficeName = CDP (does not need DNS entry)

My NRS and Sig Servers are synced. We have SIP trunking that we use to support our audio bridge.
I am now being told that that I need to have Lynux based Sig servers, do you know if that is correct?

Hello, I am currently am having issues with SIP Line on Release 5.5 for CS1K as well. My configuration called for 1 COTS server running Vxworks and One COTS running Linux. The Linux server/NRS is where you build user endpoints for the SIP phones to register and the VxWorks machine will be used for the SIP Line Gateway to talk back to the Call Server. The calls from the SPS user endpoint are tandemed through the SIP gateway. To answer your question, yes you will need a COTS server running Linux if your CS1K is pre 6.0 to support the SIP SPS function.

I have the exact same issue. DNS entries have been double verified.

Wireshark shows that the communication from the SIP endpoint to a Unistim phone fails with a temporarily moved error message from the NRS.

I too have been told the only way to fix this on 5.5 is with a Linux Sig server.

That's funny, as I am running Linux 5.5 and I can call from my xlite to a Unistem phone but cannot call from the Unistem to the xlite. I am not sure if it's because the manual is to vague or I have a configuration mistake. I have been up and down that damn element manager so many times it's ridiculous. I haven't done a packet capture yet but that is my next step. I tried all sorts of configs in the NRS to no avail. I also emailed a Nortel SE and he sent me the SIP DECT manual to reference and use in conjunction with the 5.5 SIP Line Fundamentals. Here are the NTP numbers, you can just google them up. The SIP dect manual gives more information than the SIP 5.5 Fundamentals. Let me know if this helps you.

SIP Fundamentals: NN43041-320
SIP DECT: NN43120-123.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back