Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP configuration on IPO Rel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinetintl

Vendor
Mar 15, 2010
US
I am trying to configure a Broadbox SIP trunk on system with Release 5 anybody knows of a thread or a link that can help?
We have successfully setup SIP trunks on Release 7.X and 8.X, the setup screen on Release 5 is a lot simpler, more archaic that 7 and 8 and it is confusing the heck out of me.
I already have an initial configuration kinda following 7.x documentation, I am waiting for the system to reboot when free...not sure if it is going to happen until after 5 pm tonight when everybody leaves or during lunch. My only doubt is that I am using "Use User Data" for the Local URI, Contact and Display Name but it doesn't look right.

Thanks,

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

Was able to figure it out...not that hard after all...no I have a new situation, I need to dial via the SIP trunk and send a specific caller ID, similar to what you can do with the PRI via si. I was experimenting on our system that is currently running 8.1 and in the ARS I tried the following experiment N"@dl01-03.fs.broadvox.net"si5551234567 but that did not work, the target system is running 5.0...any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

Yes with the SIP trunk configuration, trunks are up and running on LAN1 behind a Sonicwall.
No with the sending the number via si
I was thinking on posting the si issue on a different thread because it has no relation to my first issue, I may to that in a little bit.

Thanks,

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

You will need to use the SIP uri settings on the sip tab for the users or a SIP uri in the SIP trunk with there own line group ID.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

@tlpeter, actually it was a blessing that nobody responded to my posts because it took me all day long and a ton of reboots but now I have a greater knowledge on how SIP trunks work and how to set them up and on top of that yesterday we manage to build enough courage to tackle switching our SIP trunks from a Juniper to a Sonicwall, I was actually very surprised that everything worked on our first try and it was very easy, believe me that was a big first.

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back