Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP CONFIGURATION ON AVAYA IP OFFICE AND NEC PABX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanyembe

Programmer
Mar 29, 2016
TZ
Hello Team I have one challenge on SIP Line ,,try to establish the connection , The issue is once I call from Avaya to Nec it works but once I call Nec to Avaya it says busy..... So wht is the issue upon

The issue at the moment is that you've given us just three short sentences. What type of IP Office and version of software? What is configured in the IP Office's SIP URI entry? What is configured in the incoming call routes? Any trace of the digits received?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Typef ip office is AVAYA IP OFFICE 500V2,
VERSION 9.1,
SIP URI is okay,
Incoming call rote,

beriar capabilityu is =Any voice
Line grp ID is 17
incoming number is 6XXXX
priority is 3-high

Have you looked at Monitor to see if the call arrives in IPO-land? If call does not arrive, it's a network issue. If call does arrive, the Monitor trace will tell you what is unhappy.

Mike Forrence

As said above, use Monitor trace to see what is going wrong.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Monitor trace would be handy...

A wild stab in the dark I'd suggest you change your Incoming Call Route to;

LG - 17
Incoming Number - . (dot/period)

ACSS (SME)

yes checking on the system status it says SIPTRUNK OUT OF SERVICE

Ok, then uncheck "Check OOS" on the SIP line.

ACSS (SME)

After check un check OOS and enable RTP Now the SIP trunk on summary there is no error

One problem remain still Nec phone doesnt make a call to Avaya phone but Avaya to neck is okay.....

All that check box does is disable the Options messages which is a kind of keep alive. If the NEC isn't responding to them then the IP Office will put the SIP trunk OOS.

Question - are you even seeing the calls from the NEC hitting the SIP trunk on the IP Office? Have you run a monitor trace and captured it? This will tell you what is going wrong.

ACSS (SME)

Hellow the trunk is up problem was at Nec side...

But one thing remain if am calling to Nec and no answer ,,on it so while I decide to cut my phonee the NEC phone is still ringing....? What is the issue is it SIP Cancel request ? orr....and if it is How can I set SIP CAncel request?

I'll say it one last time. GET A MONITOR TRACE OF THE CALL!!

In the SIP tab set these options;

Monitor_ybcrfl.jpg

You will see all the SIP TX and RX packets. You are looking for a TX message with BYE from the IPO when you hang up the call followed by either a ACK or OK message from the NEC (Which I assume you aren't getting)

Without the trace WE ARE JUST GUESSING!!

ACSS (SME)

unfortunately my monitor is doesnt connect.....

or make monitor connect - it is just a password setting usually afterall.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back