Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Clients, can work with BCM 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAA9983

Technical User
Jul 8, 2012
GB
Dears,

as you all know there is a lot of SIP phones, and SIP clients that can work on android phones, or iphones, is there a way to make this technology works as extension of BCM?

and what other solutions do we have that can work on android phones, which can make it as internal extension, of BCM50 R 6.0

Thanks in Advance & Best Regards

No, although the BCM can utilize SIP trunks it cannot host SIP clients. Best option would be to upgrade to an IP Office (keep the Nortel phones if you want) then setup SIP clients from there.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

Dear atcom,

I need wireless solution for BCM, and I am thinking of IP office and its mobile client for android, and another solution is to install something like astrisk and connect it via SIP to BCM, then install SIP clients on the phone, but I am not sure of the quality of all the previous solutions, and I can't try these solution, I need something reliable

So I hope you can advise me dear atcom

they also make some nice dect handsets, mobile clients will work too though

i wouldnt go the asterisk route with a bcm networked to it.IPO will make your life easier especially because you can keep your handsets.

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

The EMetroTel UCx can do everything you want and keep all your Nortel sets working better than they do on your current system and way better than the way they work on an IP Office.

Telcodog is correct. With the UCx, you can keep your Nortel digital phones, and with IP you can use your the i2xxx series all Phases, 11xx and 12xx IP Unistim Phones. Big Red IPO doesn't allow you to use your investment in i2xxx phones, nor 11xx or 12xx Unistim phones. You have to do a laborious procedure to convert the phones to SIP

Also, If you want to use the Nortel SIP firmware on the 11xx and 12xx phones on UCx you can, but the Unistim phones are much easier to program and add features to.

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

oh and I should mention, just like Big Red, I have an app from media5 downloaded on my iphone that allows me to access an extension to my UCx from anywhere I can use celluar or wifi internet.

o lord here we go again[hammer]

ddcommllc.com

ACIS

"Will work for stars

see what exactly? i dont bash ucx until after you guys start talking smack about ip office for no apparent reason

dont get mad get glad[peace]

ddcommllc.com

ACIS

"Will work for stars

Ok, I like IP Office, there are just a few features I disagree with, deal? I didn't say I hated eveyrthing. And there are things you don't like about UCx, I can handle that. I'll take Avaya over many other systems any day.

When I say you'll see, you'll see that the UCx is catching on. By no means is it a threat to Avaya IP Office. Avaya is set to be successful for many years to come. They are completely 2 different types of systems.

I agree

ddcommllc.com

ACIS

"Will work for stars

I want my Nortel back too.

Corporate Greed is very unfortunate.

In regards to the original post, NorAvaya originally had a solution for the SIP endpoints, but unfortunately, they stopped the beta testing when it was decided BCM was going to be discontinued.

Joe

NAA, sorry for the delayed reply but you could use Asterisk (I'd recommend FreePBX) to host SIP or IAX clients on cell phones (with an app like Zoiper) then connect via SIP to the BCM. It would be as reliable as the wireless connection to the cell phones (which often isn't good!).

However, I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are well versed in SIP and understand the limitations such as the fact the extensions on the Asterisk system wouldn't have Nortel voicemail, etc.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back