Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP caller to twinned phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneDTC

Vendor
Apr 30, 2014
US
I have a customer with IP Office 11.0 using SIP trunks. A few individuals have 2 phones in their office, a primary and secondary. The secondary phone has bridged line appearances for the primary phone. The secondary phone also has short codes to display the primary phone's direct number. The issue is that if the user calls an internal extension from his secondary phone, and the called extension has their phone twinned, the call does not go through and caller gets rejected from carrier. I believe what is happening is the phone system is sending out the extension as opposed to a valid phone number. If I assign that extension a number, it works. Ideally, I want to be able to display the primary phone number on the secondary phone in this scenario. Any thoughts how this can be accomplished? Thank you in advance.

That is because you send out the caller ID of the extension and not a full phone number. You can change the URI and send out the main number all the time. I usually use a different dialout code for twinning that forces the number to be shown if in other cases the DID or other numbers have to be displayed.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back