Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Call Forward CM 6.0.1 & Session Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbee2011

Technical User
Sep 8, 2011
IT
Hi,
I'm configuring Avaya CM 6.0.1 and Session Manager to use endpoint SIP (One-x Communicator).
I have configured feature SIP to use call forward, call pickup, auto call back and other, but I verified tha all features works correctly but call forward doestn't work.

Tracing SIP signaling I note that the feature was activated on station (cheking also 'status station')

I think that this may be a SIP signaling problem.

Anyone have experience on this issue

Gabriele

Hi Gabriele,

Did you check the SIP traces (traceASM on Session Manager linux)? The problem may be that there is no route in this scenario. You would need to know from which location ASM "thinks" you're setting up the call.

I've noticed with EC500 that ASM uses the location of the incoming trunk as originating location. It might be the same with call-forward.

Btw, this ( is a good starting point to learn about the traces. I like the linux one (traceASM) better than the web based. Both are described on the mentioned page.

Cheers,
Nico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back