Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP ATA, DTMF tone issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

firespyer

MIS
Oct 7, 2010
US
I'm running IPO 9.1.4 have 6 lines connected to the ATA's. If I call into a conf bridge, when I get the prompt for the meeting room, it will randomly only receive some or none of the digits. I connected it to a POTs line and have 0 issues. I have done the Automatic balance matching on the Analog lines. Tried to mess with the DTMF on/off settings and the DB levels. Has anyone else run into this? The Provider , Panterra, hasn't been willing to assist in anyway.

Thanks

Why are the ATAs even being used? The system can take analogue or SIP direct :)

They were a requirement, basically when bad weather comes they take the ATA home and hook up an analog phone at home

Well you know the SIP/ATAs are the issue as it works fine on proper analogue lines, nothing you do on the IPO will help :)

I agree with amriddle that it is not the IPO at fault and it is a wrong setup from start to finish if you ask me.

Setup the IPO properly with SIP trunks (or any type of trunks really) and get the users that need to make phone calls when bad weather occurs to have a remote phone at home. Remote or VPN phone either one would be the better way.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

What brand of ATAs do you have?
From all ATAs I ever tested only the Pattons were able to deal with DTMF both ways correctly.

I had a Linksys PAP2T for my home phone for a couple of years before I put in my IPO and I had no problems but I agree that the Pattons are nice and also easy to setup.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

We used the ATAs for aonnecting exsisting analog doorphones to a IP Office and with most ATAs it works fine when it comes to dialling a number, the problem arise if you have to send a DTMF tone from the Avaya to the doorphone, I found that only the PATTON M-ATA did send a decent DTMF tone, all the others I tested did not.
I only tested single or dual FXO ATAs available for a reasonable price.

Just out of interest, who is your SIP provider?

We're using Polycom IP7000's as SIP Conference phones with Gamma as our provider into our Session Manager. They have just changed the RTP Payload from accepting both 101 & 127, to now only accepting 101. This has meant that we are unable to pass DTMF successfully. Very noticeable when dialling into conference bridges.

The ATA's are the Linksys PAP2T, the Provider is Panterra

We are going to see about just running some POTs service. Just a very annoying customer, the had some no named Key System that they claimed worked perfectly before.

Thanks for the advise and comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back