Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP and Virtual Shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMonger

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2002
US
Greetings...

So our company recently purchased a PolyCom video conferencing system. Apparently, the conference phone requires a "SIP connection" in order to be used on our network and TDE600 PBX. I installed the single SIP license, but I'm not sure if I require a virtual SIP Trunk card, or a virtual SIP extension card, or both. Also, our PBX has no room for a virtual extension card as all 4 slots are filled with two IPCS4 and twp V-IPEXT32 extension cards.

Thanks,
-Tom in Scranton, PA USA

No room, no problem.

You do not need to run the Polycom through your PBX.
The PBX may not even support video as well.

So, get SIP Service with a separate telephone number and run the Polycom outside (not connected) to your PBX.

I suggest Callcentric.com for a SIP Service Provider.

They are in Manhattan and are close to you and easy to set up.

You will need to install SIP exension card, are you using 32> IP phones?

WhiteGooner ... I misread you question. I have 58 IP phones, so I can't get rid of any of my V-IPEXT32 cards. I also have 8 cell stations and need the 2 V-IPCS4 cards. So I guess I can't add another virtual slot/shelf on these systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back