Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP and Forwarded Calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseFile

Technical User
Oct 6, 2011
US
We are now on our first SIP trunk, and discovered that only TNs assigned to that SIP are allowed to dial out.
When someone forwards their desk phone to their cell phone, if the cell phone number shows up as the calling number mask,
the call won't go out. My immediate fix was to assign the main number as the outgoing mask. But people want to see who is calling them through their forwarded phone. Telco talked about Diversion Headers, but couldn't say anymore than that.
So my question is: Does anyone know how to let the calling number, that was forwarded by the desk phone to the cell phone, show up at the cell phone, when it needs an assigned TN showing up for the call to route out?

Hi,

I had a similar issue while setting up the SIP trunk. Answer from my SIP provider was that to have security they must receive the nos. assigned for my SIP trunk & avoid any hacker to use the SIP Trunk.

We put in a Pilot no from the assigned group of DID nos & now all calls forwarded reflect this no. It's not a good solution but I am afraid no other way around.

Cheers,

""The truth about action must be known and the truth of inaction also must be known; even so the truth about prohibited action must be known. For mysterious are the ways of action""

Thanks for the input singhbrindisi. I did put the pilot number on the forwarded calls, and they go out, but my people DO NOT like not seeing the original caller. Because they are now answering their cell phones to actual business calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back