Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP and DTMF tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUGWideBoy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2003
GB
Site A is a 1000e rel 5 with Callpilot 5

Site B is a 1000e rel 5 connected to site A by a traditional ISDN30

Connected to Site B is a "find me anywhere" system, which uses SIP trunks to connect to Site B.

Voicemail works fine between site A & B.

If the "find me anywhere" system trys to send a call to voicemail, any duplicated digits get drops.

ie extn 12345 works fine, but if if it was trying to send a call to mailbox 112233, then callpilot says "there is no mailbox 123"

If I run a trace on the D channel between site A & B I see all the digits in the trace.

talking to the support company for the "find me anywhere" system, they say that there system uses RFC2833 to send the DTMF tones. My understanding is that a 1000e rel 5 also supports this standard.

Any ideas of what the problem could be ?

i face this problem, nortel with cisco the integration with SIP there is no DTMF detection between two sites :(

Forget the DTMF, it is not used. Everything is done through the DCH, if you say you saw the correct digits in the messaging then it's time to look elsewhere

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Cheers, Perry

I'll log this one with BT then, as I definatly see all digits on the D channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back