Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Active Proxy: Primary: Not Registered (CS1000 Rel 6.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktse1210

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2009
AU
Hi everyone!

Currently, I have a COTS Linux-based SS Rel 6.0 running only Base Apps and NRS (it being a standalone NRS and no SS installed).
Another remote site is having a CPPM Linux-based Rel 6.0 SS where I have pointed it's endpoint to the Standalone NRS.
However in the CPPM SS Linux command line, when I did a "SIPGwShow tSSG", it came up with SIPNPM Status is Active BUT Active Proxy: Primary: Not Registered.

I went ahead to check out the Endpoint's via the Primary NRS and I can see that the remote site with the CPPM has successfully registered to the NRS.

So how come, the Active Proxy is showing as Not Registered?
Will this have any impact?

I tried to reboot the CPPM SS a few times and those few times, I can see that at the first 300 seconds, it shows as Active Proxy: Primary: Registered but after the 300 seconds times out with the clock restarting, it will become Unregistered again.

The latest Service Pack bundle of version 6.00.18.62 has been installed on both the CPPM SS and COTS standalone NRS.
The UCM is located with the CPPM SS but the COTS standalone NRS has already joined the security domain successfully and can be seen in the Elements List.

Anyone with any ideas?

Can anyone help please? *knock* *knock*

This may be a dumb question, but have you fully configured all the SIP settings on the NRS?

Hi allenmac,
Not a silly question at all. I did configure all of the SIP settings. There are the other remote Rel 4.5 systems that have no issues at registering to the COTS Standalone Rel 6.0 NRS.
When I do a SIPGwShow on them via OAM prompt it shows the Active Proxy as Primary: Registered and the older systems have no issues at all.

Actually, not sure it is the usual suspects of some bad patches as I have installed the latest deplist of 6.00.18.63. Before that, I patched it up with a prior version of 6.00.18.00. It had no issues until the latest Service Pack Bundle went in.

That could be it. Can you downgrade the patches, and see if that helps?

Thanks for your input allenmac.
The only question is whether I am able to yank out the current patch level of 6.00.18.63. As from the Nortel PEP library, I had to put these in first:

This is an excerpt from the website:

CS1000 Rls 6.0 Linux Service Pack Tool
Please Refer To The Disclaimer On The Homepage For Terms And Conditions

IMPORTANT

README FIRST!

Updated Service Pack And Important Installation Requirements
For CS 1000 Release 6.0 Systems

Before Downloading And Deploying This Service Pack
Ensure That You Have First Installed The Following
Service Updates In The Order That They Are Listed:

nortel-cs1000-linuxbase-6.00.18.63-02.i386.000 (Install First)
nortel-cs1000-patchWeb-6.00.18.63-01.i386.000 (Install Second)

After the above then only I can install the Service Pack Bundle.

Do you think I can just de-activate all the patches and re-install with the previous bundle without serious impact to the system?

There are usually instructions for removing the PEPs if they need to be done in a certain order.

I would try removing the PEPs from the Service Pack Bundle, and leave the others, and see if the problem is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back