Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP 911 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I have been searching the forum and could not see a definite answer to this. I have a IPO R10.0.0.3 with SIP trunks. The customer is a school and wants to have the addresses for each building go out with the callerID. The provider has assigned 10 DIDs to different addresses for the customer to use as outbound callerID for each building. What I am not sure of is how to do this on SIP, with a PRI I would just create a new ARS or SC for each address or user by using "si" and the number but I am not sure this works on SIP trunks. Could someone verify if this works or is there a better way to do this.
Mike

You can add the SIP telephone number in the user field for them to present out. if thats what you mean?
think you need to create the SIP line with "user user ID" or something.

I am using the user SIP tab for the outgoing callerID on all other calls, but need to send specific number for 911.
Mike

Setup a SIP URI for each DID that you need to use for 911. Make sure you set a unique outgoing line ID for each number.
Create an ARS for each location and set the matching outgoing line ID for 911. All other codes can match your main SIP URI for outgoing.
From here you can setup a user right group for each location and setup a short code 9N N Dial (Line group ID of specified ARS matching the location)

hope this helps!

That was how I thought I would need to set this up but wanted to make sure it was the right way to do it.
Mike

Hi Mike, it would be good to see this set up, could you upload a config when done for me to take a look please?

Wow this post sounds similar to what we were looking for a few months ago. We took a different approach. We have a 911 emergency short code set up on each of our sites which dials 911sXXXXXXXXXX where XXXXXXXXXX is the phone number with the school's address. Seems to have worked so far.

Miko

911sXXXXXXXXXX works when the URI has * or Auto in the Local URI, Contact, and Display Name fields.

A URI that has Use Internal Data for those fields will rely on the information in the User's SIP tab

Just different ways to arrive at the same destination.

I prefer TouchToneTommy's solution.
Easier to administrate and SIP trunk independant if you have multiple SIP trunks.

There are 3 main settings you can use in the URIs on SIP trunks.

*** or Auto - Used for incoming and to allow the S/W shortcodes to work on outgoing calls like on PRI.
User internal data - used to send out whatever is on the users SIP tab
An actual telephone number - used if you want a nice simple way for a group of users to send out a single number.

You can have as many of the 3rd of those as you wish on a single SIP trunk.

| ACSS SME |

The required setup is mostly in the doc on the Knowledge Base -
teletechman said:
...wants to have the addresses for each building go out with the callerID.
And if you really do need to send the address then that is now an option on the Location config - but of course it will need enabling on the SIP trunk and you'll need a carrier who supports NG911

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back